Re: Filesystem vs. Postgres for images

От Cott Lang
Тема Re: Filesystem vs. Postgres for images
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 01:44, Michal Hlavac wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am working on web portal. There are some ads. We have about 200 000
> ads. Every ad have own directory called ID, where is 5 subdirectories
> with various sizes of 5 images.
>
> Filesystem is too slow. But I don't know, if I store these images into
> postgres, performace will grow.

Consider breaking your directories up, i.e.:

/ads/(ID % 1000)/ID

I use that for a system with several million images, works great. I
really don't think putting them in the database will do anything
positive for you. :)

Сообщение: Re: Filesystem vs. Postgres for images
Сообщение: Re: Filesystem vs. Postgres for images