Re: [GENERAL] PGSTAT Error from Postmaster

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] PGSTAT Error from Postmaster
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Tim Finch, FosterFinch Ltd" <tim@fosterfinch.co.uk> writes:
> Hi. I have been posting messages on the cygwin list about trouble running
> the postmaster I will not re post it here but simply would like to ask if
> anyone knows what, even on a traditional unix platform, the log file
> message from the postmaster daemon process
> PGSTAT: connect(2): Connection refused
> means please?

It means there's something pretty broken about your networking setup :-(

The stats collection code tries to set up a UDP socket connected to
itself as a means of forwarding statistics from individual backend
processes to the stats collector subprocess.  AFAICS there is no
good reason that a connection attempt to an existing UDP socket on
127.0.0.1 should ever fail, but evidently you've managed to configure
your system so that it does.  (Overly aggressive packet filtering,
perhaps?  Or is this just another cygwin/Windows bug?)

If you can't figure out how to get the connection to work, you can
turn off the "start statistics collector" postgresql.conf option to
bypass the problem.