Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Sat, Aug 15, 2020 at 01:44:34PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Well, we can certainly do a tree-wide re-indent anytime we're ready.
>> I doubt it would be very painful right now, with so little new work
>> since the last run.

> Uh, I thought Tom was saying we need to reindent all branches, which
> would be a big change for those tracking forks.

No, I'm not for reindenting the back branches in general.  There was
some discussion about whether to try to indent back-patched patches
to meet the conventions of the specific back branch, but I doubt
that that's worth troubling over.  I think we really only care
about whether HEAD is fully consistently indented.