Re: Log rotation

От Rod Taylor
Тема Re: Log rotation
Дата
Re: Log rotation  (Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> > I can see that in a multipostmaster setting how you might want some
> > differentiation between postmasters, but ISTM that the tool reading these
> > logs should be trained in how to separate loglines out. <snip>
>
> Different postmasters = different conf files. Just set your syslog_facility
> and/or your syslog_ident differently and it should be pretty easy to seperate
> the logs.  Actually, now that I have started using syslog fairly regularly, I

Not that I'm volunteering, but I think the biggest issue is many users
simply don't know how to approach the problem. Some docs on using
syslog, cron, etc. with PostgreSQL to accomplish maintenace jobs would
probably be enough.

The only mention we have of syslog is related to the postgresql.conf
entries and their appropriate values.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/runtime-config.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-LOGGING-SYSLOG