Re: Very slow queries followed by checkpointer process killed with signal 9

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Very slow queries followed by checkpointer process killed with signal 9
Дата
Re: Very slow queries followed by checkpointer process killed with signal 9  (Christoph Moench-Tegeder <cmt@burggraben.net>)
Список pgsql-general
Jason McLaurin <jason@jcore.io> writes:
> I'm troubleshooting an issue where about once a week, a database appears to
> lock up and then the PostgreSQL process crashes and recovers. When this
> happens, a few queries will be logged, but there is no pattern to which
> queries are executing when the crash happens, and the queries logged don't
> appear to be queries that would consume a lot of resources.

Hmm, is it always the checkpointer that gets the OOM kill?  That seems
quite odd.

What PG version is this exactly?  Do you have any extensions installed?

I recall having seen somebody before reporting odd slowness of trivial
commands like BEGIN.  I failed to find the thread(s) in the archives
though, so I'm not sure if we identified the cause.