Re: probs with 7.3 -> 7.4 on debian

От glenn
Тема Re: probs with 7.3 -> 7.4 on debian
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
outstanding - thanks, this is a big relief :-)

FYI - automatic upgrade still failed, but at least I could use the
db.out I made after downgrade.

Now if only I could connect through TCP.
local connect such as:
        glenn@odin$:psql mydb
works fine

tcp connect such as
glenn@odin$:psql -h odin mydb
psql: could not connect to server: Connection refused
        Is the server running on host "odin" and accepting
        TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
fails - tried IP addresses, and localhost etc.
ahh - check /etc/postgresql/postgresql.conf!
        tcpip_socket = true
oh :-(
I read in list archives that this reveals much:

netstat -nlp|grep 5432
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     2235850
13581/postmaster    /var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432

But I think this is a good outcome? i.e. server _is_ served and
listening on port 5432?

pg_hba.conf is essentially the same as the way it was in 7.3 pre
upgrade, but with the IP6 changes now included.

Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?
Thanks
Glenn