Re: WIP: default values for function parameters

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: WIP: default values for function parameters
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> Excellent.  I checked that psql's colon-variable feature behaves the
>> same.  So it looks like the proposed "name: value" syntax would indeed
>> not break any existing features.  Barring better ideas I think we should
>> go with that one.

> Does that mean the whitespace following the : will be required? (I could
> figure it out but brain is otherwise occupied).

Only if what's immediately after the colon is an identifier, and
possibly not even then depending on the client-side context.  For
instance psql won't do anything unless the identifier matches one
of its variables.  We'd definitely want to document a recommendation
to leave a space there, though.

Сообщение: Re: psql commands for SQL/MED
Сообщение: Re: psql commands for SQL/MED