Re: MySQL Gets Functions in Java - Enlightenment Please

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: MySQL Gets Functions in Java - Enlightenment Please
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 2003-12-20 at 13:04, Dave Cramer wrote:
> Is it more desirable to have a single java vm and communicate via RPC,
> or some other mechanism? ie sockets, or ? The alternative is to
> instantiate a java vm for every connection, this could be onerous as
> there would be considerable overhead for each java vm.

If you fire up the jvm at connection creation time rather than at first
pljava function call, wouldn't that make things much simpler and faster
per process?  I only ask because I'm thinking most people using pljava
should have some kind of connection pooling going on where initial
connection creation overhead is significantly minimized...

Robert Treat