Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Doc: desultory copy-editing for v10 release notes.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Doc: desultory copy-editing for v10 release notes.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> writes:
> On 2017/07/10 9:11, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Doc: desultory copy-editing for v10 release notes.

> I see you updated text for the partitioning item:

>         syntax</> that automatically creates partition constraints and
> -       <command>INSERT</> routing (Amit Langote)
> +       handles routing of tuple insertions and updates (Amit Langote)

> Although I like the new text better, I'm afraid that we don't support
> routing updates yet, only inserts.

Hm?  We correctly handle updates that don't change the partition key
columns, as well as deletes, no?  The previous text made it sound
like *only* the insert case worked properly.

It might be worth mentioning that you can't move a row into another
partition via UPDATE.  Or maybe that's more detail than we need here.
Not sure.