Re: Index is not used

От A.Bhuvaneswaran
Тема Re: Index is not used
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> Unsurprising.  An inequality condition may require fetching many rows
> (the planner is estimating 336289 rows here...) and so an indexscan is
> not necessarily quicker.  Have you compared actual runtimes with
> enable_seqscan on and off?

I did run with enable_seqscan off. You are right, the plan shows that
indexscan is not quicker. Here is the explain output.

On the other hand, i have calculated the actual runtime with
enable_seqscan on and off. The runtime is 617 secs & 623 secs
respectively. I have also attached the log details. Is there any way to
increase this speed?

regards,
bhuvaneswaran

Вложения