Blob question -(((

От Boris
Тема Blob question -(((
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hello ,

I have a question about BLOBs in PGSQL. I know some people getting
crazy about this question, but I need an answer to finish the
portability to Postgres for my content-system.

Here are my questions:

* Are they any limits to the OID Datatype? I need 50-100k per row.

* Can I do fulltext-search with OID fields (VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION!!!!)?

* How can I store 50-100k values? What datatype should I use?

The answer of this  questions is very important to me, hope someone
has time to give me an answer.

Now something for the archive:

Yes I did my homework and I was searching around for some stuff about
pg and blobs. Just for the archive, I will repeat some of them here.

SELECT lo_export(image.raster, "/tmp/myfile" from image
        WHERE name = 'somename';
(from
http://postgresql.adetti.iscte.pt/mhonarc/pgsql-sql/1999-03/msg00026.html )

and this:
create table images (imgname name,imgoid oid);
insert into images values (`test.gif`,lo_import(`/home/pmount/test.gif`));

--
Boris
http://www.x-itec.de