Re: pg_lo_import alternative ...

От Kent L. Nasveschuk
Тема Re: pg_lo_import alternative ...
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Your method sounds very interesting for storing images. I'd be
interested in knowing what other attributes you store with the images.
My interest in storing images is for documents that pertain to personnel
records such as copy of certifications, licenses, diploma, training
courses, personnel evaluations. Many are scanned images.

create table external_object(
        exobid integer not null default
nextval('external_object_seq'::text),
        exob OID not null,
        useradd_eid integer references employee,
        insert_timestamp timestamp,
        mod_timestamp timestamp default now(),
        mimetype varchar(30) not null default 'jpeg',
        description varchar(30) not null,
        filename varchar(100) not null,
        table_ref varchar(20),
        key_id_ref integer,
        flags char(2),
        doctype_version varchar(4),
        constraint external_obj_pk primary key(exobid)
);

When you do backups do you use pg_dump or are you able to shutdown
postgres to use something like rsync?

--
Kent L. Nasveschuk <kent@wareham.k12.ma.us>