Re: Problem with view upgrading from 7.2 to 7.3

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Problem with view upgrading from 7.2 to 7.3
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Michael Brusser <michael@synchronicity.com> writes:
> Generally it seem to work, but it breaks while attempting to load
> one view definition. Server complains about nonexistant function -
> varchar(int), as far as I remember.

Yeah, we removed the int->varchar cast because it was redundant with
int->text, and caused operator resolution failures in some cases.

> There's no problem if I try to manually create the view in the way it was
> created in the old database:

Re-enter the view, then.  The || expression will come out as text
instead of varchar; if you really want the view column to look like
it's a varchar you can do

     ('sync:///Note/SyncNotes/' || nt_note_name || '/'