Re: 8.3 to 8.4 - Can't load dynamic shared library

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 8.3 to 8.4 - Can't load dynamic shared library
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Craig James <craig_james@emolecules.com> writes:
> On the Postgres 8.3 system, I simply put libopenbabel.so into the /usr/local/pgsql/lib directory, and everything
workedwell.  On 8.4, I can't seem to get it to load libopenbabel.so.  Other programs that use this library have no
troublefinding it.

> What (if anything) has changed from 8.3 to 8.4 regarding how it finds
and links dynamic libraries?

Nothing.  I think this more likely is a consequence of your platform
switch from Fedora to Ubuntu.  I'm not sure how the dynamic linker's
search path is defined on Ubuntu, but it might be different.  Or
possibly it's the same but you forgot about making an /etc/ld.so.conf.d
entry on the new machine, or didn't run ldconfig afterwards.

От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: tablespaces
От: Craig James
Сообщение: Re: 8.3 to 8.4 - Can't load dynamic shared library