Re: tsearch2 patch for 7.4.1

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: tsearch2 patch for 7.4.1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane kirjutas N, 20.11.2003 kell 17:18:
> Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> writes:
> > we have a patch for contrib/tsearch2 we'd like to commit for 7.4.1.
> > Is it ok ?
>
> > We added support for compound words using ispell dictionaries.
> > It's rather important feature for agglutinative languages like
> > german, norwegian (tested). This work was sponsored by ABC Startsiden
> > (www.startsiden.no).
>
> This strikes me as a feature addition, and therefore not appropriate for
> the 7.4 branch.  You should only commit bug fixes into stable branches,
> not feature additions.

Is this so even for contrib ?

I seem to remember that there have been new feature popping up in
contrib in stable branches earlier.

But if the general direction is to stabilise contrib as well, what about
committing it as a separate patch file
contrib/tsearch2/patches/compond-words-patch.1 , so that these people
(or german/norvegian linux distributors) who consider lack of support
for compound words a bug can apply it themselves before building ?

Hannu