Re: does wal archiving block the current client connection?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: does wal archiving block the current client connection?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Jeff Frost <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com> writes:
> I've run into a problem with a PITR setup at a client.  The problem is that
> whenever the CIFS NAS device that we're mounting at /mnt/pgbackup has
> problems, it seems that the current client connection gets blocked and this
> eventually builds up to a "sorry, too many clients already" error.  I'm
> wondering if this is expected behavior with the archive command

No, I can't see what the connection should be there.  It's supposed to
be designed so that the archive command can take its sweet old time and
nothing happens except that a backlog of WAL files builds up in pg_xlog.

What PG version is this exactly?  Are you sure that the only connection
of the NAS device to PG operations is through the archive script, ie,
you don't have any part of the normal PG data directory mounted on it?