Re: Retoring non-administrative user databases

От Keith C. Perry
Тема Re: Retoring non-administrative user databases
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Quoting Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@dcc.uchile.cl>:

> On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 07:56:01PM -0500, Keith C. Perry wrote:
>
> > It has also occurred to try was Tom suggested- using a higher version of
> > pg_dumpall but I've missed a library the 7.1.3 server so I either have to
> > compile 7.4 on there or recompile the current 7.4 server without shared
> > libraries.  I haven't done that yet but I did find my problem document in
> the
> > man pages of pg_dump at the -R option:
>
> Remember that if you have another machine with 7.4 running, you can use
> pg_dump/pg_dumpall over the network if you don't want to mess with the
> server's libraries.  (Though it should be quite straightforward to install
> on isolation without disturbing anything else.)
>
> --
> Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[a]dcc.uchile.cl>)
> "A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins, nor is he early.
> He arrives precisely when he means to."  (Gandalf, en LoTR FoTR)

You read my mind Alvaro.  That is exactly what I ended up doing from my test
server.  I LOVE that feature.

'Course I still have to compile 7.4 eventually so I compiled it anyway  :)

--
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Director of Networks & Applications

This email account is being host by: