Re: Which hardware/filesystem for postgresql?

От James Rogers
Тема Re: Which hardware/filesystem for postgresql?
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 10:54, ow wrote:
> --- James Rogers <jamesr@best.com> wrote:
> > I've just received the okay to purchase maxed out SMP Opteron servers
> > with Fiber Channel storage arrays to run Postgres, and those will be
> > Linux with XFS file systems as well.
>
> Any particular brand of the storage array you'd recommend? Thanks

Not really.  I haven't settled on any specific vendor at this point,
I've just been given the okay to massively upgrade our core database
systems to 64-bit mid-rangy iron, which I've scheduled for 1Q2004.
Since we use Postgres on Linux, that means big Opteron boxes that are
maxed out.

If things keep going like they are, I could shortly be running on of the
biggest PostgreSQL implementations out there.  That could be both good
AND bad. :-)

Cheers,

-James Rogers
 jamesr@best.com