Re: 7.4RC2: pg_crypto not working?

От Reece Hart
Тема Re: 7.4RC2: pg_crypto not working?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 14:14, Murthy Kambhampaty wrote:
Is this from user error or is pgcrypto not working yet in RC2?

It works for me (x86, redhat 7.3, linux 2.4.18). I did make install in pgcrypto/, then:

CREATE FUNCTION digest (text, text) RETURNS bytea
    AS 'pgcrypto', 'pg_digest'
    LANGUAGE c STRICT;

Note that I don't have '$libdir/' in this function definition. I can't remember why.

compbio@csb-dev=# select encode( digest('AAA','md5'), 'hex' );
              encode
e1faffb3e614e6c2fba74296962386b7
(1 row)

compbio@csb-dev=# select version();
                           version
PostgreSQL 7.4RC2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC 2.96

I just discovered that md5 is now built in to the 7.4 backend, so I don't need pgcrypto anymore.

-Reece

--
Reece Hart, http://www.in-machina.com/~reece/, GPG:0x25EC91A0 0xD178AAF9