Re: performance problem - 10.000 databases

От Marek Florianczyk
Тема Re: performance problem - 10.000 databases
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
W liście z śro, 05-11-2003, godz. 19:52, Tom Lane pisze:
> Marek Florianczyk <franki@tpi.pl> writes:
> > Maybe reconnect is to often, but how to explain that reular queries like
> > select * from table1 ale much faster than \d's ? ( my post to Jeff )
>
> [ further experimentation... ]  Ah-hah, I see the problem in 7.3, though
> not in 7.4 which is what I was testing to begin with.  7.4 is smarter
> about optimizing the LEFT JOINs that are used in \d's queries.

So how do you think
sould I try v7.4 on production machine and wait for stable version?
Or better use v7.3 with 3000 databases?
I have to do that till december.
Will this optimization solve problem "\d" queries, or just speed it up
few seconds ?

greetings
Marek