Re: 7.4 compatibility question

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: 7.4 compatibility question
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 13:26, Tom Lane wrote:
> We do already have a practice of adding notes about significant changes
> to release.sgml as they are made.  That's relatively new though, and I
> dunno if it's helped Bruce prepare the finished release notes or not.

Right, we also did a pretty bad job of incrementally updating
release.sgml during the development cycle: only a small portion of all
the changes that we made actually got added to it. I think it would be a
good idea to try to be better at this during the 7.5 cycle. When 7.5
development begins, we should divide release.sgml into the relevant
sections (e.g. "libpq", "contrib", "performance", "highlights of the
release", etc.), and then keep it updated whenever a relevant change is
made.

IMHO that would be bother easier to maintain (see we need to write CVS
changelog entries anyway, and Bruce wouldn't need to spend as long
summarizing the changes at the end of the dev cycle), as well as
producing a better quality release notes -- but since Bruce is the one
actually doing the work, I'm content to leave this in his hands.

-Neil

Сообщение: Re: 7.4 compatibility question
Сообщение: Re: 7.4 compatibility question