Re: [Fwd: Re: dblink patches for comment]

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [Fwd: Re: dblink patches for comment]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> Based on Tom's post today about RC1, it sounds like I need to get this
> committed very soon. Any complaints?

The quoting logic is still completely the wrong thing :-(.  For one
thing, quote_literal will try to generate E'' syntax in some cases.
But more to the point, quote_literal's quoting rules don't match
what is needed.  A look at libpq's conninfo_parse says that what it
accepts is single-quoted strings in which backslash quotes the next
character.  It does not recognize doubled single quotes.  I think
you will need to whip up a special-purpose quoting subroutine.

One other really minor point is that the pstrdup here:

> +         return pstrdup(buf->data);

is a waste of time.  The StringInfo's buffer is already palloc'd.

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Developer meeting minutes up
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Developer meeting minutes up