Re: PostgreSQL Developer meeting minutes up

От Markus Wanner
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Developer meeting minutes up
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL Developer meeting minutes up  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Yeah, a requirement to work from the back branch forward is quite
> unacceptable IMNSHO. It's also quite unreasonable.

The monotone page about daggy fixes does quite a good job in explaining
why it is helpful. I think it's how to make best use of these tools. And
it's obviously not the same as what worked well in practice with CVS.
Out of interest, and not necessarily related to Postgres: why do you
think it's unreasonable? Fixing the problem where it was introduced
sounds like the most reasonable place to fix it, IMO.

Regards

Markus Wanner