Re: BUG #16824: Planner chooses poor path on query with Merge Join and pagination

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #16824: Planner chooses poor path on query with Merge Join and pagination
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Kisung Kim <kskim80@gmail.com> writes:
> Tom Lane-2 wrote
>> This is an empirical decision based on the
>> frequency with which such a deduction would help versus the planner
>> cycles that would be spent looking for such cases.

> Is there any thing referring to this decision, like mail threads or
> conference materials?

[ shrug... ]  It's doubtless been discussed on pgsql-hackers in the past,
but I don't plan to go digging through those archives for you.  Looking
for constraint exclusion via

https://www.postgresql.org/search/?m=1

or your favorite search engine might help you.