Re: SQL subqueries newbie help

От Rod Taylor
Тема Re: SQL subqueries newbie help
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
>  I'd like to write a query which returns following information regarding
> each item: item, date of very first event, very last event.
>  Is this possible? I think I can write several SELECT queries and
> procces them by an application or possibly write some procedure, but
> what is better solution?

Something like the below should do it:

SELECT item    , min_date    , min_event    , max_date    , max_event FROM items JOIN (SELECT min(date) AS min_date
      , event AS min_event            , item         FROM events     GROUP BY item) AS mn USING (item) JOIN (SELECT
max(date)AS max_date            , event AS max_event            , item         FROM events     GROUP BY item) AS mx
USING(item);

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: