Re: Problems Starting Postgres as a Service

От Al Hulaton
Тема Re: Problems Starting Postgres as a Service
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 15:21, Ian Huynh wrote:
> while postgres is pretty solid under unixes,
> i am just curious as regards to the stability of cygwin+Postgres combo under win2k?

Since Cygwin is an emulation layer running on Windows, performance of
PostgreSQL + Cygwin isn't comparable to a pure *nix environment.

For instance, above 50 concurrent connections, Cygwin starts getting
unstable which is why we hard code a conneciton limit in our Windows
version of Mammoth PosgreSQL. For this reason, PostgreSQL + Cygwin is
typically used in development or low-load environments.

It's still usuable, just not as scalable as a pure linux/unix solution.

--
Best,
Al Hulaton    |  Sr. Account Engineer  |  Command Prompt, Inc.