Re: postgres hab modification without restarting

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: postgres hab modification without restarting
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, 2003-08-25 at 09:15, Hornyak Laszlo wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Is it possible to make the postmaster re-read the pg_hba.conf when needed
> without pg_ctl restarting the database? I think I could send a unix signal
> to it, it would simly re-read the file and apply the information for new
> incoming connection requests.
> I was looking for this info in the documentation and lists but I did not
> find anything.

pg_ctl reload sends the signal to reread the config files
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/interactive/app-pg-ctl.html

some parameters can only be set at server start
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/interactive/runtime-config.html

Robert Treat