Re: Rendezvous/Bonjour broken in 8.1 beta

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Rendezvous/Bonjour broken in 8.1 beta
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
<pmagnoli@systemevolution.it> writes:
>> I don't recall ever hearing that this has been done.

> bonjour is the new name of Apple's rendezvous technology, an old email
> (http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-05/msg00739.php) stated
> that rendezvous support was working at least on macosx and windows, so I
> tried.

I'm not sure I believe that old message.  Certainly we've never had code
to accommodate different names for the rendezvous/bonjour header files.

One possibility is that bonjour-for-windows *does* have the original
file name (DNSServiceDiscovery.h) if you install it on a filesystem
supporting long names, but you dropped it on an 8+3 filesystem instead?