Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory

От Franco Bruno Borghesi
Тема Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
wouldn't also increasing shared_buffers to 64 or 128 MB be a good performance improvement? This way, pages belonging to heavily used indexes would be already cached by the database itself.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 01:14, Josh Berkus wrote:
Daniel,

> > I just wondered if there is a possibility to map my database running
> > on a linux system completly into memory and to only use disk
> > accesses for writes.
>
> That happens for free, if you have enough RAM.  The kernel will use
> spare RAM to hold copies of every disk block it's ever read.

Also, don't forget to raise your effective_cache_size so that PostgreSQL
*knows* that you have lots of RAM.
Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory
Сообщение: Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory