Re: Dual Xeon + HW RAID question

От: Jord Tanner
Тема: Re: Dual Xeon + HW RAID question
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Dual Xeon + HW RAID question  ("alexandre arruda paes :: aldeia digital", )
 Re: Dual Xeon + HW RAID question  (Rod Taylor, )
 Re: Dual Xeon + HW RAID question  ("Nikolaus Dilger", )
  [OT] Such incredible h/w (was Re: Dual Xeon + HW RAID question)  (Ron Johnson, )
  Re: Dual Xeon + HW RAID question  (Andrew Sullivan, )
  Re: Dual Xeon + HW RAID question  (SZUCS Gábor, )
   Re: Dual Xeon + HW RAID question  ("alexandre paes :: aldeia digital", )
   Re: Dual Xeon + HW RAID question  (Bruce Momjian, )
    Re: Dual Xeon + HW RAID question  ("Mindaugas Riauba", )
     Re: Dual Xeon + HW RAID question  (Bruce Momjian, )
      Re: Dual Xeon + HW RAID question  (SZUCS Gábor, )
       Re: Dual Xeon + HW RAID question  (Jord Tanner, )
        Re: Dual Xeon + HW RAID question  (Bruce Momjian, )
         Re: Dual Xeon + HW RAID question  (Jord Tanner, )
          Re: Dual Xeon + HW RAID question  (Bruce Momjian, )
           Re: Dual Xeon + HW RAID question  (Jord Tanner, )
       Re: Dual Xeon + HW RAID question  (Bruce Momjian, )

The Linux 2.6 kernel will have the ability to set CPU affinity for
specific processes. There is a patch for the 2.4 kernel at
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/rml/cpu-affinity

RedHat 9 already has support for CPU affinity build in.

The July 2003 issue of Linux Journal includes a little C program (on
page 20) that gives you a shell level interface to the CPU affinity
system calls, so you can dynamically assign processes to specific CPUs.
I haven't tried it, but it looks very cool (my only SMP machine is in
production, and I don't want to mess with it). If you try it out, please
share your experiences with the list.

Jord Tanner
Independent Gecko Consultants

--