Re: Hardware performance

От: Ron Johnson
Тема: Re: Hardware performance
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Hardware performance  ("Balazs Wellisch", )
 Re: Hardware performance  ("Roman Fail", )
  Re: Hardware performance  (Ron Johnson, )
 Re: Hardware performance  (Joe Conway, )
  Re: Hardware performance  (Hannu Krosing, )
   Re: Hardware performance  (Joe Conway, )
    Re: Hardware performance  (Adam Witney, )
     Re: Hardware performance  (Joe Conway, )
      Re: Hardware performance  (Adam Witney, )
       Re: Hardware performance  (Joe Conway, )
       Re: Hardware performance  (Jord Tanner, )
       Re: Hardware performance  (Robert Creager, )
    Re: Hardware performance  (Andrew Sullivan, )
 Re: Hardware performance  (Vincent van Leeuwen, )
 Re: Hardware performance  (Jean-Luc Lachance, )
  Re: Hardware performance  (Joe Conway, )
 Re: Hardware performance  (Jean-Luc Lachance, )
 Re: Hardware performance  ("Magnus Hagander", )
  Re: Hardware performance  (Ron Johnson, )
 Re: Hardware performance  ("Magnus Hagander", )

On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 23:25, Roman Fail wrote:
[snip]
> has every bit of redundancy you can order.  While uncommon, the
> backplane is one one of the many single points of failure!

Unless you go with a shared-disk cluster (Oracle 9iRAC or OpenVMS)
or replication.

Face it, if your pockets are deep enough, you can make everything
redundant and burden-sharing (i.e., not just waiting for the master
system to die).  (And with some enterprise FC controllers, you can
mirror the disks many kilometers away.)

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home:              |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                              |
| "I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian  |
|  because I hate vegetables!"                                    |
|    unknown                                                      |