Re: Hardware performance

От Ron Johnson
Тема Re: Hardware performance
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 23:25, Roman Fail wrote:
[snip]
> has every bit of redundancy you can order.  While uncommon, the
> backplane is one one of the many single points of failure!

Unless you go with a shared-disk cluster (Oracle 9iRAC or OpenVMS)
or replication.

Face it, if your pockets are deep enough, you can make everything
redundant and burden-sharing (i.e., not just waiting for the master
system to die).  (And with some enterprise FC controllers, you can
mirror the disks many kilometers away.)

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net             |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                              |
| "I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian  |
|  because I hate vegetables!"                                    |
|    unknown                                                      |