Re: different transaction handling between postgresql and

От Csaba Nagy
Тема Re: different transaction handling between postgresql and
Дата
Список pgsql-general
This has been discussed for many times on this list, but shortly: when
inserting a new row, there's no previous row to select for update. If
you have 2 concurrent transactions, both of them can execute the select
for update at the same time, select nothing, and then try to insert the
same key, and bang: one of them fails.

Cheers,
Csaba.