Re: [BUGS] BUG #14814: Documentation errors for OpenBSD

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #14814: Documentation errors for OpenBSD
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
pfcovello@gmail.com writes:
> In section 18.3. Starting the Database Server there are instructions for
> starting the server on OpenBSD:
> However, there are several problems with this instruction.

You seem to want us to adjust the community documentation to match
someone's packaging of Postgres.  We can't really track every random
decision that packagers make; and if we tried, then the documentation
would be inaccurate for installations built directly from source.

Really, best practice for a packager who is modifying the default
configuration like this is to also modify the copy of the documentation
they ship, or at least make it very plain in a README file how their
installation differs from the out-of-the-box defaults.

In short, I think you've got a complaint for your packager here,
not one for the PG community.