Re: Two weeks to feature freeze

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: Two weeks to feature freeze
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2003-06-20 at 06:59, Justin Clift wrote:
> The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> > On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Yep, this makes sense.  Looks like it'll be PostgreSQL 7.4 being all the
> present improvements, but without PITR and Win32.  Then, in a few months
> (hopefully less than 3) we'll have PostgreSQL 8.0, with both of those
> major features in it (and whatever other enhancements have been added).
>
> The only thing that makes me wince is that we have a protocol change at
> PostgreSQL 7.4 release instead of 8.0.  It kind of doesn't sound right,
> having a protocol change in the "7 series", when we have an "8 series"
> coming up soon after.
>
> Oh well, so it's not perfect...

...which is why I'd advocate making this release an 8.0 regardless of
win32 or pitr.  I know it's old school to actually base versioning on
technical criteria instead of buzzwords, but there's no reason we have
to follow the corporate mold. Still, I'd rather not get into that debate
yet since I don't want to let the win32 guys off the hook yet!

win32 for the next release! go guys go!

Robert Treat

Сообщение: Re: Two weeks to feature freeze
Сообщение: Re: Two weeks to feature freeze