Re: Postgres and Access

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: Postgres and Access
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 09:26, Nathalie Boulos wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I was able to open postgresql tables on linux from MS-access on windows
> using the ODBC found on postgresql.org website.
>
> I was wondering if there is a way that a postgres database on linux sees and
> modifies access or fox-pro database files.

no, postgresql is a database back-end and can only work directly on it's
own back-end files. Contrast to access which is both a database
front-end and back-end; the access front-end can talk to other database
back-end's via odbc.   With that said, you can convert back-end database
files from access to postgresql, one such program that does this is
pgadmin (pgadmin.postgresql.org).

hth,

Robert Treat