Re: [RFC,PATCH] SIGPIPE masking in local socket connections

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [RFC,PATCH] SIGPIPE masking in local socket connections
Дата
Re: [RFC,PATCH] SIGPIPE masking in local socket connections  (Marko Kreen <markokr@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Jeremy Kerr <jk@ozlabs.org> writes:
> The following patch changes psecure_write to be more like psecure_read -
> it only alters the signal mask if the connection is over SSL. It's only
> an RFC, as I'm not entirely sure about the reasoning behind blocking
> SIGPIPE for the non-SSL case - there may be other considerations here.

The consideration is that the application fails completely on server
disconnect (because it gets SIGPIPE'd).  This was long ago deemed
unacceptable, and we aren't likely to change our opinion on that.

What disturbs me about your report is the suggestion that there are
paths through that code that fail to protect against SIGPIPE.  If so,
we need to fix that.