Re: Require Assistance Solving Problem - erroneous pg_hba.conf

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Require Assistance Solving Problem - erroneous pg_hba.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Greg Kelley" <gkelley@britannicaviation.com> writes:
> pgsql log shows:

> FATAL:  Missing or erroneous pg_hba.conf file, see postmaster log for
> details
> "OG:  parse_hba: invalid syntax in pg_hba.conf file at line 31, token "

> Even the log entry doesn't look right - double quotes - and the .conf file
> certainly doesn't have 31 lines!

Indeed.  I think it's a Windows-newline issue: you probably edited the
config file with something that put in \r\n instead of \n.  The
overstruck LOG is a dead giveaway...

I thought we had fixed the various config file parsers to be reasonably
impervious to stray \r's, but you may have found a corner case where
it's not recognized as whitespace.  Try getting rid of the \r's.