Re: Select Query Performance

От Rod Taylor
Тема Re: Select Query Performance
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> 2)Also, I execute this query over the web. If there are mltiple select
> queries then I have to execute one get its reultset and then send the other
> one. Is there a faster way to execute multiple select queries over the web?

Going with the assumption the result-set is not used to generate further
queries, you might look into the use of Asynchronous connections.

It'll enable you to easily establish several connections to the database
for parallel work to be done.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/view.php?version=7.3&idoc=1&file=libpq-connect.html

Even PHP will let you use the Asynchronous query mechanism within
PostgreSQL.

--
Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>

PGP Key: http://www.rbt.ca/rbtpub.asc