Re: binary upgade errors

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: binary upgade errors
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
David Modica <davidmo@imaginesoftware.com> writes:
> I have been unsuccessfully trying to use pg_upgrade to upgrade from 9.6 to 10.4.
> we have the uint extension in some of the databases. a combination of that extension
> and probably how we have used it is causing the upgrade to fail. I will include the error msg.

> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC:
> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 4538; 1247 280489 DOMAIN bool_t postgres
> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  cannot cast type integer to public.uint1
>     Command was:
> -- For binary upgrade, must preserve pg_type oid
> SELECT pg_catalog.binary_upgrade_set_next_pg_type_oid('280489'::pg_catalog.oid);

> CREATE DOMAIN "its"."bool_t" AS "public"."uint1" DEFAULT (0)::"public"."uint1";

Hmm ... it looks like this domain is depending on there to be a cast from
integer to uint1, but that hasn't been created yet.  There may be a bug
here; I'm not sure why pg_dump didn't delay dumping the domain to after
it'd dumped the cast.  In the meantime, though, it seems like it would
work (and probably be faster anyway) if you spelled the default value
like '0'::uint1 rather than 0::uint1, as the former isn't depending on
any run-time cast.  So try altering the domain like that and then doing
the upgrade.