Re: PostgreSQL configuration

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PostgreSQL configuration
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> My personal opinion is that we should move the config files from
> pgsql/data to pgsql/data/etc.  Unix config files aren't put in /, they
> are in /etc, so this seems logical.  I was never comfortable with having
> editable files right next to files that shouldn't be touched.

Perhaps we are arguing at cross-purposes.  Are you saying that the
postmaster should seek config files as, eg, $PGDATA/etc/postgresql.conf
instead of $PGDATA/postgresql.conf?  That would be all right with me.
I thought you were proposing to move them to /etc (absolute path),
which isn't all right ...

> Secondly, everyone seems to like the 'include' idea, and it gives
> per-line control over file sharing.

Yeah, I think include is non-controversial, the argument is about what
else (if anything) to change.