MSSQL -> PostgreSQL

От Chris Cameron
Тема MSSQL -> PostgreSQL
Дата
Re: MSSQL -> PostgreSQL  (Network Administrator <netadmin@vcsn.com>)
Список pgsql-general
I'm looking to convert 2 MSSQL DB's to PostgreSQL. I've searched the
archives and various websites and found a number of solutions.

The problem is, none of them work for me. One of the databases is 150
Megs, the other 3 Gigs. It isn't very feasible for me to go into a 3 gig
file and search/replace all sorts of things (which seems pretty "iffy" a
solution to me).

I've also tried converting the MSSQL tables/data to MySQL dumps (we had
a -very- good tool laying around for that), and then running a
mysql2postgresql  script against it. I've tried the one in
/contrib/mysql/ and the one on pgsql.com. Both died when they ate all
the memory on the machine (2 gigs worth).

So, any suggestions for someone looking to convert a 3+ gig database?
We're willing to pay for any tool that may work, but I haven't been able
to find any.

Thanks,
Chris

--