Re: ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size, and others

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size, and others
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com> writes:
> On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 13:38, Jonathan Hedstrom wrote:
>> We recently upgraded from 8.1.4 to 8.2.0 on Fedora Core 6, and are now
>> seeing a few rather ominous-looking messages.

> First step, update to 8.2.1, it came out yesterday, and there were a few
> bugs that got stomped.

Definitely good advice, although none of these messages look related to
the known fixes.

> Also, schedule some maintenance window for your server to run memtest86
> and possibly something to check for bad blocks on your drives.

+1 ... I have not seen any instance of "invalid page header" that could
be traced to a Postgres bug.  The cases I've been able to study all
seemed to involve either flaky hardware or kernel-level bugs (such as
dumping a fragment of some unrelated file into a Postgres table :-()