Importing Data into an Old Version of Postgres

От Scott W. Hill
Тема Importing Data into an Old Version of Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I'm switching service providers, and going from a 7.3.2 database to
7.2.3. I've done a pg_dump of my database, and much of my data has
embedded newlines (represented as '/n' in the dump file). These
seem to be causing many errors during the import (using psql) into
the older database, although the same dump can be imported into
another 7.3.x database.

I understand that the dump data formats change between major
releases, and am wondering if there's a workaround that someone
knows that can facilitate my needs. I've looked in the archives,
and only found problems related to Windows linefeed munging, which
isn't the case here since there is no Windows step in my workflow.

TIA,

--Scott