Re: Maximum Performance Follow-up Question

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Maximum Performance Follow-up Question
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Peter T. Brown" <peter@memeticsystems.com> writes:
> Is there any BIG risk in turning fsync off?

No, I wouldn't say so if you consider your data noncritical.  fsync is
for stuff like orders and bank accounts, where losing even one
committed transaction is not acceptable.

> And isn't there some way to use fsync but just use it less frequently,

That's pretty much what you get with fsync off: the Unix system will
still flush data to disk every 30 sec or so (see syncer daemon's man
page).