Re: When is postmaster ready?

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: When is postmaster ready?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
There is actually a delay between when postmaster starts and it is ready
to accept connections.  If you try to connect too soon you'll get the
"database system is starting up" message. IIRC in one particular script
we settled on waiting 5 seconds before trying to connect, which seemed
to be enough time elapsing for us (1 second wasn't in some stress
testing type cases).  If you want to do it the way its done in some of
the postgresql scripts, you need to grep the output of a psql connection
for success; check out pg_ctl for a good example of this.

Robert Treat