Re: pg_class.reltuples not reset by VACUUM?

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: pg_class.reltuples not reset by VACUUM?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, 2003-04-10 at 16:42, Jeff Boes wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-04-10 at 14:51, Robert Treat wrote:
> > Out of curiosity, are you doing non-superuser vacuums on 7.2.3 or older
> > system?
> >

> And I probably didn't answer your question.  The username used to
> perform all VACUUMs is marked "usesuper = t" in pg_shadow.  I interpret
> that as a superuser.  Am I right?

usesuper does indicate that the user is a super user. The reason I asked
was your problem sounded suspiciously like the "No one parent tuple was
found" error that was fixed in 7.2.4. I *thought* that those cases we're
the result of vacuuming as non-superuser, but you may want to search the
archives if it pops up again, there might be other cases that cause it.

Oh, I guess I should make the obligatory "you might want to upgrade"
suggestion as well :-)

Robert Treat