restore a dump file (with postgis tables): errors!!

От Pedro Salazar
Тема restore a dump file (with postgis tables): errors!!
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Greetings,

I have a pgsql 7.3 database where I created postgis tables and my schema
with my object model database. I want to dump my database and restore it
in another machine with pgsql (also 7.3.2).

what I did:

1- pg_dump -U postgres locawadb | gzip > locawa1.dmp.gz

2- createdb -U postgres locawadb
   (create users in database)
   gunzip -c locawa1.dmp.gz | psql -U postgres locawadb

But I got a few errors on the 2 step.

With -a option (echo) in psql I noticed that some errors where about:

- the user owner from my schema could not create a schema (well I
supposed that this operation should be done through super user
postgres);
- that functions like srid() and others did not exist!? (shouldn't
postgres warrant the order of dependences?);
- that some user tables from my schema with geom data types failed to
restore;
- and a few class errors (?) and invalid namespace of my schema!!

My question is: are my procedures of dump and restore database well
done?  (I already saw that exist a pg_restore command line, ...is it
equal to the psql command line or it's better?)

thanks,
Pedro Salazar.
--
PS