Re: pg_restore problem

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: pg_restore problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Are you sure your restoring to an empty database? If you try to restore
your dump into the database you dumped it from (without first
drop/create) it will take forever as you'll have all kinds of data
collisions (imagine every insert into a table erroring out due to
duplicate primary key).

As for the -Ft vs. -Fc size question, the tar format is not a compressed
format, while the "c"ustom format is.

Robert Treat