Re: pg_dump version conflict

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: pg_dump version conflict
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 17:24, Tom Haddon wrote:
> Hmm... doesn't sound too promising. We are moving web hosting companies,
> and our new web host has an older version (olm.net). If there really is
> no other way then we may decide to go with someone else, but I'd like to
> avoid that if I can.
>
> Do you know how I'd find out how to alter the dump file to work for
> 7.1.2?

I think you pretty much have to "brute force" it by taking the 7.2 dump
and loading into 7.1, seeing what errors it generates, then modifying
the dump to get past the errors, lather, rinse, repeat.

I'd strongly recommend finding another web host. There are enough
performance and security issues involved to make it worth your while to
try and find someone who is supporting 7.3.  I would tend to think that
anyone still running 7.1.x is either disinterested or not too attentive
to the machines and software under their watch, neither of which is a
quality you want to have in a hosting provider.

Robert Treat