Re: Problems with pg_restore

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: Problems with pg_restore
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 08:22, lists wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've made a dump from PostgreSQL 7.2.2 under Win2k with the command:
>
>     $pg_dump -o -C -b -Ft -i -O -v DataBaseName > DBN.dump
>
> Then I've tried to restore it to another instalation, in another server
> (RedHat 7.3, PostgreSQL 7.2.4)
>
>     $pg_restore -Ft DBN.dump -d DataBaseName
>
> But then I get this message:
>
>     pg_restore: [archiver] out of memory
>
> Is there any workaround?

Didn't see any other response to this, I'd suggest using pg_dump's -h
option to point the pg_dump on your linux box to your win2k server and
dump it directly.

You might want to send a message to the -cgwyn group, I'm wondering if
there are incompatibilities between windows/linux tar dumps.

Robert Treat